Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Musical Monday on a Tuesday

This Musical Monday has turned into a Music Tuesday. But it's a snow day and luckily I have so much to share!


First off, I want to write about the Hoodie Allen concert! Yeah, the one from like a month ago at The Middle East.  Does attending the concert put Ameera and I into another sphere of blogo-credibility? I would like to think so!

To start it off, Hoodie Allen is amazing live. The 3 hour (mhmmmm 3 hour) wait to see him perform was totally worth it. But the lineup was pretty good, and the fact that he let so many up and coming artists share the stage was definitely noticed and appreciated.

First off: Cam Meekins. I read about him before the concert on various music blogs, the tracks I heard were pretty good, but I was really impressed with his set. I would definitely keep an eye on him, he's only in high school but I think that he has a long way to go. Everyone was going absolutely craaaaazy during his set, which was pretty nice 2 hours into the show. Being from Boston, we gotta give him props. He's a part of this huge wave of music coming out of here (Sam Adams, anyone?) that he's riding high on. Totally keep an eye on him, I know I will be.


Just Like You- Cam Meekins by Big O's Podcasts


Soo I know this post about the concert is so late, but it coincides really nicely with a new drop by Hoodie today? He is so good. I'm really excited. His set left us wanting for more...he's hitting it big and he totally deserves it. I can only say that there was soooo much energy during his set and he's just as good, if not better, live. He performed the song he's dropping today, Dreams Live, for the first time and I loved it. I'm excited. You should be excited. This is exciting. Everyone should download his mixtape, Time For The Pep Rally, at HERE.





I feel like I haven't blogged in so long that I have so much to post that this is only PART ONE!

-Natalie


PS- Extra Cred for Cam Meekins for this. Newfound respect. 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment