Monday, January 24, 2011

Blogging is More Fun Than Calculus


So guest blogging is proving to be a pretty nerve-wracking experience. Like, already I am having doubts about the spelling of wracking. Apparently, as I have learned through thorough scanning of the Google search page for "nerve-wracking," it can be spelled as both "nerve-racking" and "nerve-wracking."
Now both just look wrong.
Please understand that I am in a frazzled mental state right now. Today, through the cruel medium of a midterm, I have discovered that I don’t understand calculus. I kept looking at these problems and thinking of things that were decidedly not derivative-related. Like the book I'm reading (Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere-I recommend it as a great studying alternative). And coffee (I spilled what was my fourth cup of the day on my midterm) and how I should probably reduce my caffeine intake. 
I was also thinking about music. This is totally understandable.
I had this remix stuck in my head. It is so cheery and wonderful that I kept thinking, “I am going to fail this test and it’s alright.” Which is not a good attitude.
Speaking of music, tomorrow is an exciting day for the small and pretentious world of folk-rock: new Iron and Wine and Cold War Kids albums! 
I at least will have something delightful to listen to while lamenting my calculus grade.
Tschau!
-Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment