Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day one: Excited Soy Milk

The challenge: Create a post every other day.
As I sit here sipping soy milk out of a Jameson whiskey glass, a part of me has begun to ask, "What have I gotten myself into?"
As a frequenter to the internet, I've read a lot of blogs. I've thought about making one for myself, but I know as well as anyone else that as soon as I sit down to post something, my self-diagnosed ADD will kick in and I will need food. Or I will want to watch TV. Or there will be someone calling my name to go do this or that. Inevitably, the window will be closed and there will nothing to show for it. 
So why start a blog now?
My hope is that it will be conversational. The problem with creating a blog by myself would have been having no interaction. I think this solves that problem.

I'm going to go ahead and go on a little power-trip and set some rules, because I know without them there is a good chance I will get lazy.
1. Missing a day leads to a punishment! A substitute can be found for the day, but if they do not post, the punishment stands!
2. Challenges can be set! If you have a good idea for a challenge, save it for your day and surprise me with it!

...A two bullet list. If you have any to add, post them tomorrow!

So, after three hours coming up with a clever name and time spent creating a website, the part of me asking what I have gotten myself into is being canceled out by the excitement. 
I'm afraid I have to dash, as staying home from school has been far less productive than it should have been.
So long for tonight, and I will speak with you tomorrow!

-Ameera

P.S. The is the first and only time I will sound like a sane human being. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment